|Available Designs: (See photos at left select your choice below)
• I ♥ NY! Double Knit Earflap Hat Pattern
• Oh Canada! Double Knit Earflap Hat Pattern
• I Love Love! Double Knit Earflap Hat Pattern Size
Adult M (head circumference of 20-23”)
Intermediate to advanced. No double knitting experience is required.
• Two contrasting colors of worsted weight yarn. About 100 yds of each. Sample knit in Caron Simply Soft
• US size 8 double pointed needles, or size needed to obtain gauge in plain stockinette
• US size 6 circular needle (16”), or size needed to obtain gauge in double knitting
• Ruler or tape measure
• Crochet hook
• Waste yarn, about a foot long
4 st/in in stockinette stitch, plain and double knit. You may have to change needle sizes in order to do this. Check your gauge! Instructions for doing a DK gauge swatch are included in the pattern.
So here it is! Finally! The Double Knit Earflap Hat pattern, in three variations (Toronto skyline, New York City skyline, and intertwined hearts). Each pattern contains the same 8-10 pages of double knitting instruction (photos and text), along with one chart (two in the case of the NY pattern).