i am so in love with this hat. probably my favourite FO in a long time, and it only took a little over a day (7-8 hours). the yarn was actually not as bad to work with as i expected, especially after washing and detangling. i redid the earflaps 3 or 4 times to get them just right, and then i knit a little swatch and covered a button for the top. it was all worked from the photo in the post from earlier today. the earflaps naturally sit like they are in the “back” view– which i think looks quite pocoyo-ish– but they can also be pulled straight like the “front” view.
i finished just in time–
that’s all the yarn i have left, and considering its some very vintage discontinued yarn i’m a lucky SOB that it didn’t take an extra foot. i was sort of freaked out because the label didn’t list a yardage– but it *looked* like about 100 yds so i gave it a try and i suppose it was.
i don’t think anyone here in toronto is going to get the reference, but its such a cute hat anyway its not even important!